- Mortgage loan collateral
- Advisory in sale & purchase transactions / Market Value
- Valuations for litigation purposes
- Valuations from previous years
- Calculation of Liquidation Value under an immediate sale scenario
Financing: International financial institutions use RICS reports to estimate the value of the collateral. Likewise, some Spanish financial institutions admit RICS reports since these provide an additional view of the real estate assets as a complement to ECO appraisals
Determination of value in sales and acquisitions: sale and purchase, corporate and lease transactions. Having the information required throughout the sale and purchase process. Knowledge of the potential risks of the purchase and the factors that affect the final value of your property.
Valuation for accounting, legal and tax purposes: Support of the Fair Value reflected in the company’s accounts. Depreciation and amortization. Follow-up on the change in the value of assets.
Valuation of Intangibles:
- Valuation of real rights: concessions, surface rights, licenses, purchase options, easements for:
- Corporate Transactions
- Financing processes
- Legal conflicts
Business Valuation: Valuation of companies, valuation of businesses and business plans for corporate transactions, financing processes, legal disputes, remuneration packages or feasibility studies.
Expert valuation: Independent expert opinion reports, party’s expert reports, arbitration opinions, expert opinions, expropriations, liquidations, inheritances, separations, redundancy schemes, corporate conflicts or tax purposes.
REAL ESTATE ADVISORY
Portfolio analysis and Due Diligence: For portfolio analysis and segmentation from the commercial, strategic, financial and real estate point of view. It is used for massive valuations (desktop, drive by, statistical).
Project Feasibility Analysis, Product Definition and Business Analysis:
- Conduct of market research on any asset class
- Establishment of the strategy and formulas for the outflow of assets owned by funds and financial institutions
- Definition of the most appropriate product on a commercial basis in each situation
- Commercial and financial feasibility of investment projects and real estate developments
- Preparation of financial projections
Property Management and Optimization:
- Analysis and segmentation of assets owned by companies and institutions
- Proposal for space optimization measures
- Analysis and optimization of costs associated with the property
Tax impact on real estate assets and Cadastral Audit: Mitigation of the tax impact of real estate assets, which in some cases represents a considerable expense.
DUE DILIGENCE AND FEASIBILITY STUDIES
Due Diligence and Feasibility Studies are used to obtain the information prior to the signing of a contract. Therefore, it is the process by which a potential buyer evaluates one or more assets, in terms of:
- Location and current configuration
- Ownership and occupancy status
- Administrative and town planning status
- Technical and normative compliance with its intended use
- Possibilities in the future
PROJECT MONITORING & COST CONTROL
Project Monitoring and Cost Control represents a very efficient tool for controlling the investments made by financial institutions, investment funds and developers in real estate developments. This service allows technical-financial monitoring of:
- Execution and construction cost according to scheduled project specifications
- Developer’s legal and administrative requirements
- Planning and advance of the real estate development
- Financial and budgetary management of the real estate development
- Fulfilment of objectives in terms of time and cost
These refer to the technical services that allow the resolution of incidents related to the construction process, aiming at the completion and closing of unfinished projects, allowing to:
- Determine completion costs
- Correct incomplete administrative records
- Resolve administrative sanctions or litigation with individuals and companies
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND DELEGATED DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
These are comprehensive technical services carried out on behalf of the client with regard to planning, organization and control of the resources with the purpose of achieving one or several objectives:
- Developing a real estate project as a technical team (partner service).
- Assuming almost all the developer’s duties, except for the financial one.
BUILDING EVALUATION REPORTS
The former Technical Building Report (ITE), currently named Building Evaluation Report (IEE), includes all services that certify the condition of buildings, at least with regards to their state of preservation, compliance with applicable universal accessibility requirements and also the energy efficiency level. These reports arise from a national Royal Decree, although they are developed at regional and even local level.
In general, it is mandatory for certain properties within time or sectoral parameters defined in each regulation.
ENERGY AUDITS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Energy Audits involve the inspection, study and analysis of energy flows in a building, process or system, while Energy Certifications provide information on energy consumption and emissions, allowing to measure energy savings in terms of consumption:
- They both arise from two national Royal Decrees, by transposition of European Directives
- Energy Certifications are generally mandatory for all buildings (there are exceptions)
- Energy Audits are mandatory for large companies, as defined by the EU