- Mortgage loan collateral
- Determination of the net worth of real estate collective investment institutions
- Advisory in sale & purchase transactions / Market Value
- Valuations for litigation purposes
- Valuations from previous years
Financing: International financial institutions use RICS reports to estimate the value of the collateral. Likewise, some Spanish financial institutions admit RICS reports since these provide an additional view of the real estate assets as a complement to ECO appraisals
Determination of value in sales and acquisitions: sale and purchase, corporate and lease transactions. Having the information required throughout the sale and purchase process. Knowledge of the potential risks of the purchase and the factors that affect the final value of your property.
Portfolio valuation and Due Diligence: Knowledge of the Market Value of the property, the current market situation and trend. Financial projections. Different scenarios depending on the strategy and financial impact.
Valuation of Intangibles:
- Purchase Price Allocation in M&A processes
- Valuation of brands, patents and image rights for various purposes:
- Financial (M&A, collateral, contracts, information)
- Legal (infringement of rights, tax planning)
- Strategic (Marketing and Communication)
- Accounting (impairment test)
- Valuation of real rights: concessions, surface rights, licenses, purchase options, easements for:
- Corporate Transactions
- Financing processes
- Legal conflicts
- Valuation of Goodwill for corporate transactions, financing processes or legal conflicts.
Business Valuation: Valuation of companies, valuation of businesses and business plans for corporate transactions, financing processes, legal disputes, remuneration packages or feasibility studies.
Expert valuation: Independent expert opinion reports, party’s expert reports, arbitration opinions, expert opinions, expropriations, liquidations, inheritances, separations, redundancy schemes, corporate conflicts or tax purposes.
- Asset valuations for a wide variety of purposes:
- Determining sums insured in property insurance
REAL ESTATE ADVISORY
Portfolio analysis and Due Diligence: For portfolio analysis and segmentation from the commercial, strategic, financial and real estate point of view. It is used for massive valuations (desktop, drive by, statistical).
Property Management and Optimization:
- Analysis and segmentation of assets owned by companies and institutions
- Proposal for space optimization measures
- Analysis and optimization of costs associated with the property
Tax impact on real estate assets and Cadastral Audit: Mitigation of the tax impact of real estate assets, which in some cases represents a considerable expense.
DUE DILIGENCE AND FEASIBILITY STUDIES
Due Diligence and Feasibility Studies are used to obtain the information prior to the signing of a contract. Therefore, it is the process by which a potential buyer evaluates one or more assets, in terms of:
- Location and current configuration
- Ownership and occupancy status
- Administrative and town planning status
- Technical and normative compliance with its intended use
- Possibilities in the future
ARCHITECTURE AND BUILDING ENGINEERING
Architecture and Building Engineering include all the actions that allow the physical execution of projects relating to new construction, refurbishment or fitting-out works, through definition, valuation and action management of an asset, in terms of:
- Scope and dimensions
- Qualities and materials
- Technical solutions
- Execution conditions
- Working conditions
PROJECT MONITORING & COST CONTROL
Project Monitoring and Cost Control represents a very efficient tool for controlling the investments made by financial institutions, investment funds and developers in real estate developments. This service allows technical-financial monitoring of:
- Execution and construction cost according to scheduled project specifications
- Developer’s legal and administrative requirements
- Planning and advance of the real estate development
- Financial and budgetary management of the real estate development
- Fulfilment of objectives in terms of time and cost
These refer to the technical services that allow the resolution of incidents related to the construction process, aiming at the completion and closing of unfinished projects, allowing to:
- Determine completion costs
- Correct incomplete administrative records
- Resolve administrative sanctions or litigation with individuals and companies
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND DELEGATED DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
These are comprehensive technical services carried out on behalf of the client with regard to planning, organization and control of the resources with the purpose of achieving one or several objectives:
- Developing a real estate project as a technical team (partner service).
- Assuming almost all the developer’s duties, except for the financial one.
BUILDING EVALUATION REPORTS
The former Technical Building Report (ITE), currently named Building Evaluation Report (IEE), includes all services that certify the condition of buildings, at least with regards to their state of preservation, compliance with applicable universal accessibility requirements and also the energy efficiency level. These reports arise from a national Royal Decree, although they are developed at regional and even local level.
In general, it is mandatory for certain properties within time or sectoral parameters defined in each regulation.
ENERGY AUDITS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Energy Audits involve the inspection, study and analysis of energy flows in a building, process or system, while Energy Certifications provide information on energy consumption and emissions, allowing to measure energy savings in terms of consumption:
- They both arise from two national Royal Decrees, by transposition of European Directives
- Energy Certifications are generally mandatory for all buildings (there are exceptions)
- Energy Audits are mandatory for large companies, as defined by the EU